Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Angels

Our family definitely has angels watching over us. We had an accident on Saturday morning. A pickup ran a red light and hit us on the passenger side. We were on our way to Andrew's last football game. It was Mark, Me, Kaitlyn and Andrew in the van. Thank the Lord Caleb & Brayden had spent the night at grandma & grandpa's so they were not with us. We were very blessed to walk away without any major injuries. Kaitlyn never had a scratch on her, even though the window next to her blew out and the glass was all over her. The winter stocking cap she had on was found 50ft away laying in the intersection from the force. She never had a bump or bruise. She definitely had an angel protecting her. Andrew was in the very back and he chipped a tooth from his teeth hitting together. He also had a little sore muscles afterward but he was very lucky also. Mark unbelievable was alert during it all and help to steer the car and keep us from hitting the utility pole. He was able to get everyone out right away. The air bags did go off so I am sure that helped him from getting any major injuries. He has just been really sore for the past few days. I guess I took the brunt of it. I miraculously only had a fractured ankle, a few broken ribs and lots or bumps and bruises. I don't remember any of the accident, but I guess that is for the best. I know we could have been a lot more worse off if he would have hit us a little farther back on mine or Kaitlyn's door. WE ARE SO BLESSED! We have had so many people helping us out. They are truly a blessing too.



2 comments:

Margie said...

Hi Christa and Mark,

Thank God you are all okay. I've been praying for you since Saturday when I heard about the accident.

It's scary to think what could have happened but I really believe God was watching over you all.

So glad to hear you are doing okay. Praying that you all will heal completely and quickly!

Love,
Aunt Margie and Uncle Steve

mckeefamily03 said...

Oh Christa! I am so glad you all are ok! I am so sorry to hear about that! Praise God for His protection over you! I will be praying that you heal up quickly! So glad you are alright!